T-Shirts: Finding The Perfect Style Every Time
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Dressing For Play and other Plus Size Womens topics.
How Do I Find A T-Shirt That Fits Perfect And Looks Good?
Even t-shirts need careful consideration: too snug clothing emphasizes bulges; too loose makes you look bigger. Here are some things to keep in mind for your next t-shirt purchase.
- Avoid tees with busy designs (think large flowers or cartoon characters) – they are distracting and make you look like a walking advertisement!
- Baby tees do not generally look good on plus sizes. You want a nice, loose fit that falls right below the waist.
- Your tee should fit well around the neckline and sleeves as well as through your midsection. A too-tight tee can emphasize big arms, a thick neck and midriff bulges. To avoid this, remember the skimming philosophy: clothing should skim along your curves for a smooth contour.
- Stay away from tees that are excessively baggy! This makes you look bigger and sloppy.
- Solid colors are the most versatile; keep printed tees to a minimum
- Slogan tees are fun, but keep it clean and witty.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.